|Kansas House of Representatives District 65|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Prior to her election to the House, Craft served on the Unified School District 475 Board of Education from 1987-2003. She has worked as owner/manager of Craft's Prescription Pharmacy and was director of the blood bank and Irwin Army Hospital.
Craft is currently a member of the Geary County Republican Women, Kansas for a Strong Fort Riley (KFSFR), Kansans Committee Old Trooper Regiment, Incorporated, Women's Connection, and the Junction City Chamber of Commerce.
Craft refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Her answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available.
Has not introduced any major legislation.
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Craft served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, House of Representatives
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee, House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, House of Representatives
- Education Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight Joint Committee, State Legislature
Craft did not run for re-election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Craft was re-elected to the 65th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Michael Wunder (D). Craft raised $24,866 for her campaign, while Wunder raised $33,305.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 65|
|Barbara Craft (R)||3,575||54.4%|
|Michael Wunder (D)||2,993||45.5%|
In 2008 Craft collected $24,866 in donations.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Dental Association||$1,000|
- Kansas Legislature - Barbara Craft
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Barbara Craft Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Craft Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - General Election Results," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 65
| Succeeded by|
James P. Fawcett (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |