Barbara E. Norton
|Barbara E. Norton|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 21|
|Profession||Owner, Midwifery practice|
Norton has worked as a woman's health care nurse practitioner, a registered nurse and a volunteer nurse practitioner for a municipal health clinic. She has been the owner/operator of a midwifery practice since 1995.
Norton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Economic Security and Jobs
- Excerpt: "In order to keep our economy strong for future generations of Alaskans, we need to both increase state revenue and decrease state spending."
- Excerpt: "The burden of taxation falls disproportionately on property owners. Many people come here to work and play, use our services and leave without helping pay for upkeep of our roads and amenities."
- Excerpt: "As a mother and as an employer, I know firsthand how important it is to have a well-educated workforce. The students of today will be our leaders tomorrow."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Work to fund the installation of sidewalks, streetlights, and speed bumps in order to make our roads safer to walk on and our neighborhoods safer places for children to play."
- Excerpt: "As a health care provider for 32 years, and the owner of two small privately owned medical practices, I have the experience and knowledge to lead on this issue."
- Reduce Government Waste
- Excerpt: "Alaska's economy is currently performing well. However, we must realize that we will not always enjoy the level of oil revenue that we enjoy today. While we can work toward replacing that revenue with revenue from other industries, we must also do what we can to save some of the current revenue for the future."
- Excerpt: "I support the second amendment and the right of the people to keep and bear arms."
- Church and State
- Excerpt: "Founders, in all their wisdom, wrote the constitution with the intention of protecting the church from the state. I support this separation."
- Excerpt: "It will be imperative for the legislature to solve this problem so Alaskans can take back control of this important issue."
|Alaska House of Representatives District 21 General Election (2010)|
|Lance Pruitt (R)||3,508|
|Barbara E. Norton (D)||2,771|
|Robert E. Clift (L)||189|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 21 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Barbara E. Norton (D)||1,117|
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from October 22, 2010.