|Virginia State Senate District 31|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Barbara has served as a member of the Arlington County Board since 1997. She served as Chairman in 2000, 2004 and 2009 and Vice Chairman in 1999, 2003 and 2008.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Favola served on the following committees:
Favola's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Public Education
- Excerpt: "Funding K-12 education is the best investment the Commonwealth can make. The State must honor its partnership with local governments in this important area."
- Environment & Green Jobs
- Excerpt: "Creating green jobs and increasing the utilization of sustainable resources are issues that the Commonwealth should focus on to ensure that our economy remains competitive. "
- Excerpt: "Northern Virginians spend hours in their cars commuting back and forth to work everyday. Barbara believes we must come up with new and innovative ways to improve our roads and decrease commuter times."
- Women's Health
- Excerpt: "She is a lifelong pro-choice advocate who has worked hard to make mammograms affordable, to protect a woman's right to choose and to end domestic violence."
- LGBT Equality
- Excerpt: "Barbara strongly believes that same-sex couples should enjoy the same rights, benefits and responsibilities as their straight counterparts."
- A Community for Everyone
- Excerpt: "On the Arlington Board, Barbara focused particular attention on programs to support and integrate individuals with intellectual disabilities"
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
On November 8, 2011, Favola won election to District 31 of the Virginia State Senate. She defeated Jaime Areizaga-Soto in the August 23 primary. Favola defeated Caren Merrick (R) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia State Senate, District 31 General Election, 2011|
|Virginia State Senate Democratic Primary, 2011|
In 2011, Favola received $659,761 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barbara Favola's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$110,107|
|Shooshan, John G||$25,000|
|Whipple, Hon Mary Margaret||$25,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$659,761|
|Total Votes received in 2011||24,349|
|Cost of each vote received||$27.1|
Favola and her husband, Doug Weik, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Barbara + Favola + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Barbara Favola on Facebook
|Virginia State Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|