|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 25|
|High school||McNary High School|
|Profession||IT management specialist/Business owner|
Jensen earned her B.S. in Business Management from Linfield College. Her professional experience includes working as an IT management specialist and as the owner of Crestview Executive Suite since 2008.
Jensen's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Cultivate a business environment that is conducive to job creation
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, Barbara understands that burdensome regulations can stifle job creation. She will use her experience in conjunction with advice from the local business community to champion policies that support a strong local economy, so our kids can find good jobs after graduation right here in Oregon."
Holding government accountable
- Excerpt: "Our state government is in turmoil over failed projects like Cover Oregon, and Oregonians in House District 25 are calling for a voice of experience in the legislature who can ensure accountability and transparency for how taxpayer dollars are spent. Barbara’s experience in government oversight makes her the ideal candidate to make certain that every penny of your tax dollars is used wisely."
Evaluate all options to give our kids a world class education
- Excerpt: "For far too long, powerful interests in Salem have worked hard to reduce education choices for families, insisting we “need more money.” Barbara knows that spending more of your hard earned tax dollars is not the answer. She knows that we must make smart investments in education to prepare our kids to enter the workforce. She will work to make sure parents have choices that fit the needs of their kids, and that our schools provide the best possible education for all."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Bill Post defeated Barbara Jensen in the Republican primary. He also ran on the Libertarian party ticket. Josh Smith ran as a Pacific Green Party candidate. Post defeated Chuck Lee (I, WFP) and Smith in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 25 General Election, 2014|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Jensen's endorsements included the following:
- Oregon Moms Building Excellent Schools Together
- Oregon Building Trades Council
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- Building Owners & Managers Association
- Former Governor Vic Atiyeh
- Marion County Commissioner Janet Carlson
- Representative Julie Parrish
- Jim Green, Salem-Keizer School District Board Chair
- Carolyn Oakley, Former State Representative
- Jane Berg, Past President Salem Area Chamber of Commerce
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Barbara + Jensen + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 25
- Official campaign website
- Barbara Jensen on Facebook
- Barbara Jensen on LinkedIn
- Barbara Jensen on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed April 24, 2014 (dead link)
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 24, 2014 (dead link)
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Supporters," accessed April 24, 2014 (dead link)