|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Bachelor's||Universidad de las Americas in Chalula, 1975|
|J.D.||Southwestern Law School, 1980|
Mulvaney attended San Francisco State University, but received a bachelor's degree from la Universidad de las Americas in Chalula, Puebla, Mexico. She received a J.D. from Southwestern Law School in 1982.
Mulvaney is an International Human Rights Attorney. She was a Senior Advisor for the Iraqi Inspector General and Bureau of Supreme Audit, and Deputy Director for Constitutional and Legislative Affairs with the United States Department of State from 2008-2012. She is a former Senior Prosecutor for the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal on Rwanda. From 2002-2008, Mulvaney acted as Santa Fe County Attorney and the Director of Special Investigations and Prosecution Division in Santa Fe New Mexico from 1990-2000. Under Janet Reno, she was the Assistant Attorney General at the Dade County State’s Attorneys Office in Miami, Florida from 1982-1990, and prior to that served as a Deputy District Attorney in the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
|U.S. House, California District 33 Primary, 2014|
|Source: The New York Times Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|Barbara Mulvaney (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$120,665||$(100,108)||$20,557|
|Pre-Primary||May 21, 2014||$20,557||$28,151||$(41,987)||$6,721|
**As of the 2014 Pre-Primary Report, Mulvaney's committee owed $124,250 in outstanding loans to Barbara Mulvaney.
Awards and associations
- Recipient, State Department Meritorious Honor Award
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Barbara + Mulvaney + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 33rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 33rd Congressional District
- [Candidate submission to Ballotpedia, February 18, 2014]
- Southwestern Law School, "Barbara Mulvaney," accessed May 10, 2014
- The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Barbara Mulvaney April Quarterly," accessed May 6, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Barbara Mulvaney Pre-Primary," accessed June 3, 2014