|Connecticut State Senate, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Connecticut State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent John W. Fonfara was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Barbara J. Ruhe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Fonfara will face Ruhe, Barbara A. Barry (G) and Alyssa S. Peterson (Nonpartisan) in the general election.
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
Ruhe ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 1. Ruhe ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. She was defeated by incumbent John Fonfara (R) and also faced Jeffery Russell (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Fonfara Incumbent||80.7%||20,648|
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
Ruhe was uncontested in the August 10 primary. She was defeated by incumbent Democrat John Fonfara in the November 2 general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Barbara + Ruhe + Connecticut + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Senate
- Connecticut State Senate District 1
- Connecticut State Senate elections, 2014
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Barbara Ruhe on Facebook
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate List" accessed June 18, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012" accessed November 17, 2012