Barnwell 45, South Carolina
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of South Carolina school district websites
- Meeting minutes are posted
- Board of Trustees members are listed with contact information, along with board meeting minutes
- District superintendent is listed with contact information
- Academic performance is posted
- Information on teacher pay and benefits are posted
- Monthly bank and credit card statements are posted
- Budget is not published.
- Does not include information on taxes, contracts, audits, and background checks.
- There is no information on how to request public records.
The Barnwell School District 45 Board of Trustees consists of five members elected by the public on a staggered basis for a three-year term in nonpartisan elections. The elections are held on the second Tuesday of April.
Below is a list of current board members:
|Chad Perry (Chairperson)||2013|
|Rhett Richardson (Vice Chairperson)||20130|
|Catherine Geter (Clerk)||2011|
On April 1, 2009, the South Carolina Legislature passed H3352 which requires school districts in the state to post a check register and credit card statement online. All school districts are required to post monthly statements beginning June 30, 2010.
As of December 22, 2010 only statements through September 2010 are posted.
Teachers who are hired for the first time in an instructional capacity will be employed on an induction contract. A beginning class 3 teacher in FY2010 will have a salary of $31,837 plus fringe benefits. Teachers with 22 years of experience and a class 1 certificate will have a salary of $55,378 plus fringe benefits. Benefits available through state and local funds are:
- Medical and dental coverage,
- Life insurance to $5,000 & $3,000 (with health plan)
- Long-term disability coverage 9.65%
- Death benefits after one year equal to the amount of the employees annual salary,
- 7.65% of employee's annual salary paid to Social Security.
Teachers are allowed 12 days of sick leave and 3 days emergency leave. At least a 50-minute unencumbered planning period is provided for teachers. Two pay periods per month are provided for teachers. The budget process involves classroom teachers, department heads, principals and school improvement council members. At least 88% of the General Fund budget is allocated to salaries and benefits.
PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
Federal law requires students in grades 3-8 to take a state test based on state academic standards.
The table below shows the percentage of students in the Barnwell 45 School District who met or exceeded the state standard in 2010 and 2009.
|PASS||Writing 2010||Writing 2009||English 2010||English 2009||Math 2010||Math 2009||Science 2010||Science 2009||Social Studies 2010||Social Studies 2009|
- Barnwell 45 official site
- Education.com - Barnwell 45 school district
- Great Schools - district profile
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |