|Maine House of Representatives, District 133|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Minority Leader, Maine State Senate|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Maine State Senate District 5|
|Maine State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine, 1973|
|J.D.||Franklin Pierce Law Center, 1977|
|Birthday||May 17, 1951|
|Place of birth||Biddeford, ME|
Hobbins served in the Maine State Senate from 1988 to 1990 and from 2004 to 2012, serving as Senate Minority Leader from 2011 to 2012.
Hobbins earned his B.S. from the University of Maine in 1973 and his J.D. from the Franklin Pierce School of Law in 1977. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hobbins served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hobbins served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Senate Rules|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hobbins served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Utilities and Energy, Chair|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014; independent candidates may file until June 2, 2014.
Hobbins won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 133. Hobbins ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Demitroula Kouzounas (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 133, General Election, 2012|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Hobbins ran for re-election to the 5th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. John Cushing ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 5|
|Barry Hobbins (D)||9,324||54%|
|John Cushing (R)||6,976||41%|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2008
Hobbins raised $22,605 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 5|
|Barry Hobbins (D)||13,677|
|John Cushing (R)||7,333|
Comprehensive donor information for Hobbins is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Hobbins raised a total of $94,104 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Barry Hobbins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 133||$4,899|
|2010||Maine State Senate, District 5||$23,291|
|2008||Maine State Senate, District 5||$22,605|
|2006||Maine State Senate, District 5||$23,504|
|2004||Maine State Senate, District 5||$19,805|
|Grand Total Raised||$94,104|
2012Hobbins won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hobbins raised a total of $4,899.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barry Hobbins's campaign in 2012|
|Prescott, Dana E||$100|
|Hobbins, Barry J||$100|
|Jamieson, Heather J||$100|
|Jamieson Jr, Neil D||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,899|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Barry Hobbins collected $23,291 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
In 2008, Hobbins collected $22,605 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
Barry and his wife, Donna, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Barry + Hobbins + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Barry Hobbins
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Barry Hobbins on LinkedIn
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Barry Hobbins on Facebook
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Hobbins' 2008 campaign contributions
- followthemoney.org, "Hobbins, Barry J," accessed September 18, 2013
- 2010 contributors to Barry Hobbins
- 2008 contributors to Barry Hobbins
Donald Pilon (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 133
| Succeeded by|
|Maine Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|
Linda Valentino (D)