Bayfield School District Levy Increase Question (November 2012)
This question authorized the Bayfield Schol District to increase property taxes by 4 mills ($4 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) in order to improve schools and school services in the district. The first year revenue from this tax is $1.2 million.
|Bayfield School District Question 1|
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| SHALL BAYFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 10 JT-R TAXES BE INCREASED $1,200,000 ANNUALLY (SUCH DOLLAR AMOUNT BEING THE FIRST FISCAL YEAR INCREASE) AND THEREAFTER BY WHATEVER AMOUNTS ARE RAISED ANNUALLY BY WHATEVER AMOUNTS ARE RAISED ANNUALLY FROM AN OVERRIDE MILL LEVY IMPOSED AT A RATE OF FOUR (4) MILLS FOR THE PURPOSE OF, AMONG OTHER THINGS,
• PROVIDING COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND BENEFITS TO ATIRACT AND RETAIN HIGH QUALITY STAFFING OF SCHOOL DISTRICT CLASSES AND PROGRAMS,
• EXPANDING PROGRAMS TO PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH A CURRICULUM RESPONSIVE TO STUDENTS CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION NEEDS, IMPROVING TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES AND PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF,
• ADDRESSING DEFERRED MAINTENANCE PROJECTS, SUCH AS ROOF REPAIRS AND BOILER REPLACEMENT, AND OFFSETTING REDUCTIONS IN STATE FUNDING
PROVIDED THAT THE DOLLAR AMOUNT RAISED FROM THE OVERRIDE MILL LEVY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER C.R.S. §22-54-10B, WITH SUCH TAX INCREASE TO BE IN ADDITION TO THE PROPERTY TAXES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD BE LEVIED FOR THE GENERAL FUND AND TO CONSTITUTE A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY?
- November 6, 2012 ballot measures in Colorado
- Archuleta County, Colorado ballot measures
- La Plata County, Colorado ballot measures
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |