Bealquin Bill Gomez
|Bealquin "Bill" Gomez|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 34|
|January 20, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
|Master's||New Mexico State University|
Gomez currently serves as Vice chairman of the Doña Ana County Democratic Party.
Gomez earned his B.A and his M.A. in agricultural economics and business from New Mexico State University. His professional experience includes working in Cooperative Extension Service as rural development specialist for over 27 years.
- Excerpt: "As someone who has worked in the agricultural industry and education in the state for most of my adult life, the issues and problems of farmers and families are very important. New Mexico has some of the richest histories and traditions and we must constantly strive to preserve our way of life. We need to support agriculture, family and education to allow our state and its citizens to reach their full potential without compromising our heritage and values. We must find ways to create good-paying jobs to keep our children in state. We must protect water rights for our citizens."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Bealquin Bill Gomez defeated incumbent Mary Helen Garcia and Christian Lira in the Democratic primary. Gomez was unchallenged in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 34 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Bealquin Bill Gomez||47.8%||410|
|Mary Helen Garcia Incumbent||46%||394|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bealquin + Gomez + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
Mary Helen Garcia (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 34
| Succeeded by|