|Nevada State Senate, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Alta High School, 1986|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1989|
|Master's||University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2000|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University, 1992|
Harris's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "She supports ensuring that every student has the tools and resources needed to achieve their dreams. Becky supports expanding charter schools and school choice to give parents the right to send their children to good schools. As our state senator, Becky will lead the fight to reward good teachers with higher pay."
- Excerpt: "Employers need to know that Nevada has a tax system that is fair. When some industries carry a heavy tax burden and others pay little, it is time for a change. Becky opposes the margins tax because it will place an undue burden on small businesses. She supports tax reform that fairly taxes the mining industry and keeps taxes low for small businesses."
- Excerpt: "Becky supports legislation that requires banks to prove they actually own a home before foreclosing on it. She opposes allowing local governments to use the power of eminent domain to seize underwater mortgages. Becky believes we must continue to hold Wall Street banks accountable for their past actions, and ensure a fair and transparent process for home owners."
Harris voices support for a "stable business environment" and "diversity" in the economy, "[l]ong-term solutions" to the housing crisis, the Second Amendment, school choice, charter school, vouchers, and incentive-based pay for teachers. She opposes a gross receipts tax.
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Justin Jones ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Becky Harris defeated Ron Quilang, Vick Gill and David Schoen in the Republican primary. Jones and Harris will face off in the general election.
|Nevada State Senate, District 9 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Harris ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 21. Harris defeated Jeffrey Jones and Swadeep Nigam in the June 12 primary election and was defeated by Andy Eisen (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Independent American||Les McKay||3.1%||745|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Becky + Harris + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Senate
- Nevada State Legislature
- Nevada State Senate elections, 2014
- Nevada State Senate District 9
- Becky Harris for State Senate 9, "Issues," accessed May 19, 2014
- Becky Harris for Nevada, "Issues Affecting Assembly District 21," accessed October 22, 2012
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014