|Alabama House of Representatives District 29|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||May 25, 1961|
|Place of birth||Gadsden, AL|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Clear Images-Advertising|
Nordgren served as a member of the Etowah County Republican Party in 2002. She also ran for election to the Alabama House of Representatives in 2002, but she was not elected.
Nordgren's professional experience includes working as a sales representative for Cable Advantage and WQEN FM Radio, agent for Attaway Advertising and co-owner of Clear Images-Advertising since.
Nordgren served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Michael Gladden was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Becky Nordgren was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gladden will face Nordgren in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 29 General Election (2010)|
|Becky Nordgren (R)||5,845|
|Jack Page (D)||5,406|
In 2010, Nordgren raised $49,139 in contributions.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$10,500|
|Smith, Roy E||$2,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$2,500|
Nordgren and her husband, Eric, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of October 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Becky + Nordgren + Alabama + House" Becky Nordgren News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Becky Nordgren's campaign website
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Becky Nordgren on Facebook
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012 (timed out)
|Alabama House District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|