Belknap County, New Hampshire
- The website has budget information available. 
- The website has county commissioners' meeting agendas. 
- The website has county commissioners' meeting minutes. 
- The website has elected official information and some administrative officials' information. 
- The website does not have information on building permits, zoning, audits, contracts, lobbying, public records, or taxes.
The recommended budget for 2011 is $32.3 million which is a 7% increase from 2010.
Belknap County has received a total of $21.8 million from the economic stimulus package.
The following are the links to contacting elected representatives in Belknap:
- Belknap County Commission- term, home address, home & work phone, personal email, work fax
- County Convention- home address, home phone, email
The County has three part time elected officials that serve as County Commissioners.
- Four and two year terms
- County oversight
- Department oversight
Main article New Hampshire state government salary
Some salary information is available inside the budget documents but only a few salaries are included individually.
|Registrar of Deeds||$68,415|
Main article New Hampshire public pensions
Belknap County is a participant of the NH Retirement System; all full time employees are covered. Group I employees contribute 5% tax deferred and the County currently pays 9.16%. Group II employees contribute 9.3% tax deferred and the County currently pays 13.66%.
There is no lobbying information posted.
Transparency & public records
The web site has meeting minutes posted since 2008.
The recommended budget for 2011 estimates revenue from county sources to be $18.1 million which is a 13% increase from 2010.
County Commission & Administration
The three-member Board of Commissioners (as mandated by NH Statute RSA 28) are part-time elected officials responsible for overall supervision, custody and care of all county departments, buildings and land, and have budgetary oversight of all county expenditures. They are elected into staggered four and two-year terms by the voters of the districts each are assigned to. The annual county budget is prepared by the Commissioners and Departments Heads and submitted to the County Convention for final approval.
Right to Know
34 County Drive
Laconia, NH 03246
Other information provided by the county includes:
- Links highlighting certain government programs in the area
- Nursing Home Employment
- Virtual Tour
- Belknap County Official Homepage
- Belknap County on Wikipedia
- Public Records Directory - Carroll County
- Belknap County on E-Reference
- Registry of Deeds
- Court Reference
Portions of this article were taken and modified from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the GNU license.