|Nebraska Secretary of State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Western Dakota Technical Institute|
|Service/branch||United States Army National Guard|
|Years of service||10|
|Birthday||May 25, 1978|
|Place of birth||Tucson, Arizona|
|Profession||Broadband services manager|
Backus served in the United States Army National Guard as a combat medic from 1998 until 2008 when he was honorably discharged. He currently works as a broadband services manager at Action Communications.
As of 2014, Backus was active in the Libertarian party serving as the chairman of the Western Nebraska Libertarian Party.
- A.A.S., electronics, Western Dakota Technical Institute
|Secretary of State of Nebraska, 2014|
|Republican||John Gale Incumbent||75.5%||359,499|
|Election Results via New York Times. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
Backus's campaign website listed the following themes for the 2014 race:
If elected as secretary of state my main goals would be as follows:
1. Expand voter participation
2. Increase transparency of the election process by making the information on campaign financing easier to access.
3. Begin laying framework for electronic voting at a state level since the federal government seems incapable of doing so. 
—Ben Backus's campaign website, (2014), 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ben + Backus + Nebraska + Secretary of State"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nebraska Secretary of State, 2014 Candidate Filing, Accessed March 3, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 6, 2014'
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Ben Back for Nebraska Secretary of State, "Platform," accessed September 11, 2014
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |