Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 66B|
Blomgren's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Restore Economic Prosperity
- Excerpt:"One of the problems with our tax system is that is is disproportionally burdensome on the metro area and disproportionately beneficial to rural citizens of the state."
Protect Civil Liberties
- Excerpt:"I will work to inform you of any legislation that violates our liberties and will act to stop their passage."
Promote Community Responsibility
- Excerpt:"It is the hard work and ingenuity of independent indiviuals that will drive discovery and innovation in our economy and we need to make sure the government is not getting in their way. I will work to enable such people to succeed and not hold them back or weigh them down with excessive and harmful regulations."
Implement Term Limits
- Excerpt:"We need a representative who is willing to introduce legislation to limit state representatives to four (4) terms and state senators to two (2) terms."
Stand Up For State Rights
- Excerpt:"Finally, it is my belief that every law should be written to protect individual liberty as our constitution originally intended."
Blomgren ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 66B. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent John Lesch (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 66B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Lesch Incumbent||79.6%||11,504|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Blomgren + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |