Ben C. Clyburn
|Ben C. Clyburn|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland District Court|
|Title:||Former chief judge|
|Past position:||Counsel, Department of Transportation|
|Past position 2:||Assistant attorney general, State of Maryland|
|Past term 2:||1981-1995|
|Undergraduate:||University of Maryland, 1978|
|Law School:||University of Maryland School of Law, 1981|
Ben C. Clyburn is a former chief judge of the District Court of Maryland. He served as the chief judge since December 29, 2004 and was an associate judge for District 1 from February 3, 1995 to December 28, 2004. He retired from the court on May 31, 2014.
- 2004-2014: Chief judge, District Court of Maryland
- 1995-2004: Associate judge, District 1
- 1993-1995: Counsel, Department of Transportation
- 1981-1995: Assistant attorney general, State of Maryland
- 1981: Admitted to the Maryland Bar 
Awards and associations
- 2011: Judge of the Year Award, Maryland Access to Justice Commission
- 2010: Leadership Award, Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- 2007: Maryland Leadership in Law Award, Daily Record
- 1985: Outstanding Assistant Attorney General-Award for Exceptional Service 
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association
- Member, Monumental City Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Transportation Officials 
- Maryland State Archives: District Court of Maryland, "Chief Judge Ben C. Clyburn Biography"
- Maryland State Archives, "District Court of Maryland"
- State of Maryland, District Court of Maryland, "Chief Judge Ben C. Clyburn Biography," accessed May 31, 2014
- WBAL TV.com, "Judge John P. Morrissey named Maryland District Court chief judge," April 14, 2014
- The Daily Record, "Clyburn to retire from District Court in May," February 24, 2014
- Maryland Courts.gov, "District Court of Maryland Chief Judge Ben C. Clyburn Receives Leadership Award for Efforts to Curb Domestic Violence," October 15, 2010