For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 29a|
|Profession||Youth and worker advocate|
Lawver's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Bringing Our Values Back To Olympia
- Excerpt: "I have watched programs like BHP threatened year in, year out. I am running for the State House to ensure that their first priority should be the people who are affected by the decisions we make."
- Protecting Working Families
- Excerpt: "We need to prioritize programs that ensure that everyone has an opportunity to live a healthy life with shelter, food, and dignity."
- Securing Local Money Secures Our Community
- Excerpt: "State budget cuts are devastating our local communities. The state makes policies to keep its revenue in Olympia and has drastically reduced local support. With less money, we are being opened to real public safety concerns."
- The 99% Deserve Family Wage Jobs
- Excerpt: "I believe that workers deserve quality jobs and receive wages sufficient to raise families and create opportunities for their children to live better, more secure lives."
- Investing In Our Community
- Excerpt: "What can the state government do to create more jobs for our district? One answer is funding public infrastructure within our region so that our community can start working today. Specifically, we need funding for more road repairs, for retrofitting our schools, and for building those transportation solutions that cut congestion and get us back to work."
- Corporate Accountability
- Excerpt: "Companies should be encouraged to invest in new jobs and get people back to work. I will fight for more safeguards to ensure that those companies that receive tax breaks from our state government are using those benefits to employ people in our region with good family wage jobs."
- Fund Our Schools and Our Future
- Excerpt: "If elected, I will be committed to ensuring that the state constitution’s primary mandate–funding education–is met."
- Early Education is the Key to Success
- Excerpt: "I want to go to Olympia to fight for early education by focusing on those communities with the highest achievement gap: low income..."
- Educating For Life
- Excerpt: "Traditional four-year college is not the answer for every child. We need to invest in teaching our kids skills that will prepare them for life. ...We need to invest in technical schools in our community that bring the opportunity of high skilled jobs to those who four-year college is not an option."
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 29a Blanket Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Lawver + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart page
- The New Tribune article when Lawver announced
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |