|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 122|
|July 25, 2014 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||July 22, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent Ben McGorty defeated Michael C. Vickerelli in the Republican primary and will face Kelly Hanna (G) and Cheryl S. Jansen (Nonpartisan) in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 122, Special Election, 2014|
Note: Results provided here are unofficial returns.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ben + McGorty + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House of Representatives District 122
- Connecticut House of Representatives elections, 2014
- State legislative special elections, 2014
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- The CT Mirror, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Connecticut Post, "Slate set for special state House election," June 15, 2014
- CTPost.com, "McGorty wins 122nd District seat," July 22, 2014
- Shelton Herald, "UPDATED: State rep special election results by polling place," July 23, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Lawrence Miller (R)
|Connecticut State House District 122
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |