|Maryland House of Delegates District 19|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland, College Park, 1979|
|Birthday||March 5, 1957|
|Place of birth||Wheaton, MD|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Kramer's professional experience includes owning and operating a small business.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kramer served on these committees:
- Economic Matters
- Subcommittee on Banking, Economic Development, Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Business Regulation
- Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Commercial Law
- Subcommittee on Family Law
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kramer served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Family Law
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Bonnie Cullison and Ben Kramer will face Paul Bardack, Melodye A. Berry, Charlotte Crutchfield and Marice I. Morales in the Democratic primary.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 19 General Election (2010)|
|Benjamin Kramer (D)||23,526|
|Sam Arora (D)||22,242|
|Bonnie Cullison (D)||21,795|
|Linn Rivera (R)||11,929|
|Tom Masser (R)||11,362|
On November 7, 2006, Benjamin Kramer ran for District 19 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the second of three seats, losing to Henry Heller but beating Roger Manno, John Joaquin, Thomas Hardman, and Tom Masser.
Benjamin Kramer raised $116,890 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 19|
|Henry Heller (D)||24,928||23.6%|
|Benjamin Kramer (D)||24,707||23.3%|
|Roger Manno (D)||24,598||23.2%|
|John Joaquin (R)||10,647||10.1%|
|Thomas Hardman (R)||10,474||9.9%|
|Tom Masser (R)||10,348||9.8%|
In 2010, a year in which Kramer was up for re-election, he collected $170,841 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Benjamin Kramer's campaign in 2010|
|Kramer, Benjamin F||$138,000|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$6,000|
|Mcgeo Food & Commercial Workers Local 1994||$3,000|
|Apartment & Office Building Association Maryland State||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$170,841|
In 2006 Benjamin Kramer collected $116,890 in donations.
His three largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Apartment & Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington||$500|
Kramer is a member of the Montgomery County Chapter, American Red Cross, Montgomery County Boys and Girls Clubs Board of Directors, Montgomery County Liquor Control Task Force, Wheaton/Glenmont Police Citizens Advisory Board, and Wheaton Redevelopment Steering Committee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Benjamin + Kramer + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Benjamin Kramer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland House of Delegates official election results for 2006
- Follow the Money's report on Kramer's 2006 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Benjamin Kramer
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kramer
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |