|Alaska House of Representatives District 40|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nageak served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community & Regional Affairs, Co-Chair|
|• Health & Social Services|
Nageak's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will continue to dedicate myself in using the experience and knowledge I have attained in my 40 years of public service to the best of my ability. I will support responsible development of our resources while protecting our wildlife and subsistence way of life. I will continue to protect and preserve our Inupiat language and culture while showing appreciation and respect of other cultures. Education and jobs will always be top priorities. The health and safety of our residents is also important with a major focus on Mental Health and Suicide prevention. I look forward to working hard for the constituents of District 40 and the great State of Alaska."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Benjamin P. "Bennie" Nageak defeated Dean Westlake in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 40 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Bennie Nageak Incumbent||53.2%||1,104|
Nageak ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 40. He defeated Adeline Hopson, Robert Nelson, and Greta Schuerch in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Nageak won in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Benjamin P. Nageak||95.9%||3,444|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 40 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Nageak is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Nageak raised a total of $24,590 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Benjamin Nageak's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 40||$24,590|
|Grand Total Raised||$24,590|
2012Nageak won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Nageak raised a total of $24,590.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Benjamin Nageak's campaign in 2012|
|Inuu Pac Joe B Qatugruauluk Mathis||$1,000|
|Alaska Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$24,590|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Benjamin + Nageak + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 40
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Voter Pamphlet: Benjamin Nageak," accessed July 25, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Nageak, Benjamin P (Bennie)," accessed August 2, 2013
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
Reggie Joule (D)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|