Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 15|
|J.D.||Yale Law School|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
Rushkoff's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
We should strive to keep Maryland's public schools No. 1 in the country. Our future depends on our investments in education, including pre-K education.
Only by maintaining state funding for our public schools, and ensuring adequate local funding, can we attract and retain the most talented teachers, keep class sizes manageable, and provide sufficient school facilities.
At the University of Maryland, we can establish a highly selective teaching college, with loan forgiveness for graduates who choose to teach in Maryland public schools.
The public option would offer health insurance that maximizes benefits for policyholders, not profits for shareholders. Patient welfare must come first.
As more Marylanders freely choose the public option over commercial insurance policies, we can expect to see simplified medical billing, reduced administrative burden, and greater cost control.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Kathleen Dumais, David Fraser-Hidalgo and Aruna Miller defeated Bennett Rushkoff in the Democratic primary, while Ed Edmundson, Flynn Ficker and Christine Thron were unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bennett + Rushkoff + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Friends of Bennett Rushkoff, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |