|Nevada State Senate, District 6|
|High school||Clark High School, 1991|
|J.D.||Stanford Law School, 1998|
|Place of birth||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Benjamin Erez "Benny" Yerushalmi
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 6
of the Nevada State Senate
. Yerushalmi previously ran for election to the Clark 9
District of the Nevada State Senate
Yerushalmi's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Nevada can be a leader in renewable energy jobs, high-technology jobs, manufacturing jobs, and pharmaceutical jobs. These industries can provide badly needed jobs for our community and will make our state less susceptible to dramatic fluctuations in the discretionary tourism/gaming market. In short, Nevada needs to start making things that other people need."
- Excerpt: "Nevada must be committed to improving the education our children receive. That commitment begins with making the proper funding of schools a top priority. Without a doubt, the single most important factor in a child’s public education was a quality of the teacher in the classroom."
- Excerpt: "I am often asked by neighbors here in District 9 what I believe was a best approach to dealing with this critical issue. In my opinion, the proper course of action will be for the Legislature to take a balanced approach that combines (1) protecting critical programs and services that have the most widespread or the most long-term impact on the state, with (2) improving government efficiency by cutting less important expenses and wasteful spending. This responsible and balanced approach was a same approach I would apply in running our family business."
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, I will bring a unique perspective to the Nevada Legislature. I understand the difficulties Nevada’s small businesses face every day because our local, family-owned business experiences the same issues."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Yerushalmi ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 6. Yerushalmi defeated Thomas Welsh in the June 12 primary election and was defeated by Mark Hutchison in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012
|| Benny Yerushalmi
|Nevada State Senate, District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Thomas Welsh
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
Yerushalmi defeated Sharona Dagani and Steven Saxe in the June 8 primary. He was defeated in the November 2, 2010 general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Benny + Yerushalmi + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Benny Yerushalmi News Feed