Benton County, Arkansas
Portions of this article were taken from Wikipedia
Benton County is one of 75 counties in Arkansas. Bentonville is the county seat. As of the 2000 census, the population was 153,406. The U.S. Census Bureau 2010 population is 221,339. The county seat is Bentonville. Benton County was formed on 30 September 1836 and was named after Thomas Hart Benton, a U.S. Senator from Missouri. It is a dry county; alcohol sales are prohibited, except in establishments with a private club liquor license. Benton County is part of the Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers, AR-MO Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Main article: Evaluation of Arkansas county websites
Last rated on June 27, 2012.
- Current budget information is available by department.
- County meetings are posted along with minutes.
- Elected officials are listed with contact information.
- Administrative officials listed under their departments, along with a county wide directory.
- Building permits and zoning information is available.
- Local tax information is provided, and taxes can be paid online.
- Revenue details are not available.
- Archived budget documents are not available.
- County audits and contracts are not online.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Public records request details are not provided.
The County Judge serves as the chief executive officer in Arkansas county government. The Quorum Court is composed of Justices of the Peace and serves as the legislative body of county government. Justices of the Peace are elected to represent individual districts for 2 year terms. Current members are:
|Robert Clinard||County Judge||-|
|Dale King||Justice of the Peace||1|
|Frank Winscott||Justice of the Peace||2|
|Jay Harrison||Justice of the Peace||3|
|Tom Allen||Justice of the Peace||4|
|Kevin Harrison||Justice of the Peace||5|
|W. Herb Hawkins||Justice of the Peace||6|
|Joel Jones||Justice of the Peace||7|
|Shirley Sandlin||Justice of the Peace||8|
|Dan Douglas||Justice of the Peace||9|
|Michelle Blaty||Justice of the Peace||10|
|Curtis S. "Steve" Curry||Justice of the Peace||11|
|Patrick Carr||Justice of the Peace||12|
|Kurt S. Moore||Justice of the Peace||13|
Other elected officials include:
|Brenda DeShields||Circuit Court Clerk|
|Gloria Peterson||Tax Collector|
|Tena O'Brien||County Clerk|
The County Judge is the Chief Executive Officer of the County. The current County Judge is Bob Clinard.
Salary details are not available online.
As of July 1, 2005, all Benton County employees must participate in the Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System. Employees contribute 5% of their gross wages to the system.
The County does not provide information on taxpayer funded lobbying.
Transparency & public records
Information is not available on how to file a public records request.
A list of county millage rates can be found here.
- Official Benton County Website
- Benton County on E-Reference
- Benton County Daily Record
- Benton County, U.S. Census Quick Facts
- Sheriff's Office
- Quorum Court
- Tax Collector
- Tax Search
- Employment Policy Manual