Berkeley Gann Limit Increase, Measure P (November 2012)
Measure P allows the city to appropriate funds to enable the expenditure of revenue previously approved, and in the course of being received. Measure P will not result in additional taxes.
- Final certified results from the Alameda County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|MEASURE P: "Shall the appropriation limit under Article XIIIB of the California Constitution (which limits city expenditures) be increased to allow for the expenditure of taxes previously approved by the voters for parks maintenance; libraries; emergency medical services; emergency services for severely disabled persons; and fire protection and emergency response and preparedness, for fiscal years 2013 through 2016?"|
- Text of Measure P
- Argument in favor of Measure P (Note: No argument opposing Measure P was submitted to the city's voter guide).
- Berkeley Ballot Measure Browser
- Berkeleyside, "City Council approves pools measure, debates streets," June 27, 2012
- Berkeley Patch, "Deadline Looms for Ballot Arguments," August 16, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.