For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Vermont State Senate Washington District|
|High school||Spaulding High School, 1962|
|Service/branch||Vermont Air National Guard|
|Years of service||6 yrs|
|Date of birth||September 1944|
From Barnett's campaign website:
As a state, we need to...
1. CREATE BETTER PAYING JOBS
Invest in infrastructure to make Vermont more attractive to existing employers considering expansion and to new employers seeking to relocate. Link tax and permitting incentives to job creation. Encourage more home-grown and employee-owned businesses. Support job-training, apprenticeship and internship programs to help those transitioning to new careers and to provide employers with highly motivated and uniquely qualified workers.
2. CRACK DOWN ON CRIME
Demand an end to dumping criminals from around the state into Central Vermont. Put more cops on the beat to curb the rash of drug and property crimes, especially in Washington County.
3. PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Invest in protecting and preserving Vermont’s environment, one of our most precious and valuable resources.
4. REDUCE THE COST OF GOVERNMENT
Work to reduce taxes, cut wasteful spending and demand real accountability for taxpayer dollars.
5. PROMOTE OPEN GOVERNMENT AND CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
Promote openness and candor. Encourage the spirit of compromise and cooperation with the goal of advancement for all.
6. HEALTH CAREVirtually every president, Republican and Democrat, since Teddy Roosevelt has worked to provide all Americans with affordable, quality health care. Much progress has been made in accessibility and now the primary focus should turn to improving quality and containing costs by reducing waste, error, and abuse.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Barnett ran for election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Washington District. Barnett was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bernard + Barnett + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.