|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 81|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Detroit|
|Years of service||1963 - 1965|
|Date of birth||April 1, 1941|
Licata's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||1. Rebuild infrastructure / roads and bridges: Initiating these programs will boost economic growth and generate jobs. The new International Bridge to Canada will be a significant add to both.
2. Stop the destruction of public education: Funding of Charter Schools is using your tax dollars to undermine the public school system. It is time to stop this assault on our most valuable resource—our children.
We have had a ‘public education system’ in this country for many years. While it has served us well, the system should grow with technology and the times. Teachers need to be honored; and, should be treated and paid as ‘professionals’. I will work to improve the delivery of ‘public education’ at K-12, the Community College and State Colleges and Universities.
3. Preserve Michigan’s natural resources: The Great Lakes are one of the largest repositories of fresh water in the world. They are crucial to Michigan and our Country. Clean water is paramount. We must protect the Great Lakes at all cost. (From invasive species to pollution…we must be vigilant.)
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Bernardo Licata was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dan Lauwers was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lauwers defeated Licata in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 81 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dan Lauwers Incumbent||65.6%||18,714|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bernardo + Licata + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 81
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Committee to Elect Bernardo Licata, "Why Do I Want To Run?" accessed October 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |