|Alabama House of Representatives District 84|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Religion||Worker, American Buildings in Eufaula|
Forte's professional experience includes working for American Buildings in Eufaula.
Forte served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Regulations (Economic Development and Tourism)
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Berry Forte was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jerry McGilvray was unopposed in the Republican primary. Forte defeated McGilvray in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 84, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Berry Forte Incumbent||63%||7,365|
|Republican||Jerry A. McGilvray||36.9%||4,316|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 84 General Election (2010)|
|Berry Forte (D)||7,764|
|Joyce L. Perrin (R)||4,152|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Berry Forte (D)||4,021|
|John McGowan (D)||2,449|
|Joseph C. Newton (D)||2,124|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 84 Dem Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Berry Forte (D)||4,786|
|John McGowan (D)||2,613|
In 2010, Forte raised $49,691 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$11,086|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Democratic Party||$5,000|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
Forte lives in Eufala, Alabama.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Berry + Forte + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Democratic primary results and runoff candidates," June 11, 2010
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Alabama House District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|