|California State Assembly District 6|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||May 3, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gaines served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Housing and Community Development, Vice-chair|
|• Utilities and Commerce|
|• Water, Parks and Wildlife|
|• Emergency Management|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gaines served on these committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Labor and Employment|
|• Utilities and Commerce|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Gaines' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- No Taxes Increases on Individuals and Business
- Excerpt: "California has the highest sales taxes and the second highest income taxes of any state. Despite this, every year more tax increase and job killer bills are introduced in the Legislature"
- Make California Job Competitive
- Excerpt: "California’s legislative, regulatory and legal climate hampers and inhibits growth and opportunity and assures that California will lag far behind the rest of the nation in emerging from the recession."
- Limit Government Spending and Slash the Bureaucracy
- Excerpt: "The growth of state government over the last 20 years is the root cause of our budget crisis. We have become a nanny State, trying to do too many things for too many people. California needs to continue to cut government spending and bureaucracy."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I am proud to be endorsed by the Gun Owners of California and I strongly support the Second Amendment."
- Family Issues
- Excerpt: "I am 100% Pro Life and I support traditional marriage."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Beth B. Gaines (R) will face Brian Caples (D) in the blanket primary.
Gaines won re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 6. She was displaced from her current district by redistricting. She advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Andy Pugno (R) in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. Gaines defeated Regy Bronner (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Beth B. Gaines Incumbent||69.2%||128,465|
|California State Assembly, District 6 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Republican||Beth Gaines Incumbent||37.1%||38,827|
Comprehensive donor information for Gaines is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Gaines raised a total of $869,567 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Beth Gaines's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 6||$559,814|
|2011||California State Assembly, District 4||$309,753|
|Grand Total Raised||$869,567|
2012Gaines won re-election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Gaines raised a total of $559,814.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beth Gaines's campaign in 2012|
|California Republican Party||$21,455|
|California Association of Realtors||$15,600|
|Personal Insurance Federation of California||$13,300|
|California Medical Association||$12,300|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$8,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$559,814|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gaines and her husband, Ted, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Beth + Gaines + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 6
- Beth Gaines Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Beth Gaines Facebook page
- bethgaines.com, "Issues," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- The Sacramento Bee, "Gaines, Campanale make runoff in Assembly race," March 9 2011
- "Follow the Money," "Gaines, Beth," Accessed September 13, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 13, 2014
Jared Huffman (D)
|California State Assembly District 6
| Succeeded by|
Ted Gaines (R)
|California State Assembly District 4
| Succeeded by|
Mariko Yamada (D)