|California State Assembly District 6|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||May 3, 2011|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gaines served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Housing and Community Development, Vice-chair|
|• Utilities and Commerce|
|• Water, Parks and Wildlife|
|• Emergency Management|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gaines served on these committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Labor and Employment|
|• Utilities and Commerce|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Gaines's campaign website lists the following issues:
- No Taxes Increases on Individuals and Business
- Excerpt: "California has the highest sales taxes and the second highest income taxes of any state. Despite this, every year more tax increase and job killer bills are introduced in the Legislature"
- Make California Job Competitive
- Excerpt: "California’s legislative, regulatory and legal climate hampers and inhibits growth and opportunity and assures that California will lag far behind the rest of the nation in emerging from the recession."
- Limit Government Spending and Slash the Bureaucracy
- Excerpt: "The growth of state government over the last 20 years is the root cause of our budget crisis. We have become a nanny State, trying to do too many things for too many people. California needs to continue to cut government spending and bureaucracy."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I am proud to be endorsed by the Gun Owners of California and I strongly support the Second Amendment."
- Family Issues
- Excerpt: "I am 100% Pro Life and I support traditional marriage."
Gaines won re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 6. She was displaced from her current district by redistricting. She advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Andy Pugno (R) in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. Gaines defeated Regy Bronner (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Beth B. Gaines Incumbent||69.2%||128,465|
|California State Assembly, District 6 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Republican||Beth Gaines Incumbent||37.1%||38,827|
Comprehensive donor information for Gaines is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Gaines raised a total of $869,567 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Beth Gaines's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 6||$559,814|
|2011||California State Assembly, District 4||$309,753|
|Grand Total Raised||$869,567|
2012Gaines won re-election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Gaines raised a total of $559,814.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beth Gaines's campaign in 2012|
|California Republican Party||$21,455|
|California Association of Realtors||$15,600|
|Personal Insurance Federation of California||$13,300|
|California Medical Association||$12,300|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$8,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$559,814|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gaines and her husband, Ted, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Beth + Gaines + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California American Water and Golden State Water Team up with State Senator ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan Threatens Future of Folsom Lake - Rocklin and Roseville Today
- Jon Coupal: Making taxpayers 'blue' - OCRegister (subscription)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Beth Gaines Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Beth Gaines Facebook page
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ California Secretary of State, 2012 official candidate list
- ↑ California Secretary of State "Primary Results" June 5, 2012
- ↑ The Sacramento Bee, "Gaines, Campanale make runoff in Assembly race," March 9 2011
- ↑ "Follow the Money", "Gaines, Beth", Accessed September 13, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart biography
Jared Huffman (D)
|California State Assembly District 6
| Succeeded by|
Ted Gaines (R)
|California State Assembly District 4
| Succeeded by|
Mariko Yamada (D)