|California State Assembly District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Bachelor's||San Diego University|
|Place of birth||Sacramento, California|
|Profession||Development Director, Consumer Attorneys of CA|
Butler graduated from San Diego University. She went on to graduate from the Executive Program in Management at the University of California Los Angeles.
Butler's professional experience includes her work as director of development for the Consumer Attorneys of California.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Butler served on these committees:
- Arts Committee, California Legislature
- Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media Committee, California General Assembly
- Budget Committee, California General Assembly
- Business, Professions and Consumer Protection Committee, California General Assembly
- Education Committee, California General Assembly
- Rules Committee, California General Assembly
- Rules Committee, California Legislature
Butler ran for re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 50. She was displaced from her current district by redistricting. She advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Torie Osborn (D) and Bradly Torgan (R). Butler was defeated by Richard Bloom (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Betsy Butler Incumbent||49.5%||91,740|
Butler defeated Kate Anderson, Nick Karno, James T. Lau, Edgar Saenz, Peter Luke Thottam, Diane M. Wallace, and Mitch Ward in the June 8 primary election. She then defeated Republican Nathan Mintz, Green Party candidate Lisa Ann Green, and Libertarian Ethan Musulin in the November 2 general election.
|California State Assembly, District 53 General Election (2010)|
|Betsy Butler (D)||73,344|
|Nathan Mintz (R)||62,770|
|Lisa Ann Green (G)||6,526|
|Ethan Musulin (L)||3,446|
In 2010, Butler raised $936,214 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|California Democratic Party||$34,735|
|Consumer Attorneys Of California||$15,600|
|California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Cmte||$14,600|
|Peace Officers Research Association Of California||$12,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Betsy + Butler + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Betsy Butler's campaign website
- House website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Ted Lieu (D)
|California Assembly District 53
| Succeeded by|
John Perez (D)