|Michigan State Senate, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Pierman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
The Michigan Way
- Excerpt: "I support our Michigan values: fairness, equality, democracy, responsibility and hard work. I will fight for those values, and build a Michigan that works for everyone, not just wealthy special interests."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work to build a Michigan where families, young people and seniors can stay and succeed; and where returning women and men from the military will be able to readily get employment and the healthcare that they require in return for their service to our country."
- Excerpt: "I will work to restore Michigan's education to the high quality level that it once held in our country."
Snyder’s Failed School Takeover District
- Excerpt: "I will work for an increased investment in our public schools which is an investment in Michigan's future and will be a winning investment for everyone. Better schools in the state means retaining the workforce talent to create small business opportunities and employment for others."
- Excerpt: "I have been actively taking a stand for Michigan’s environment. In 2014, I will continue to work to restore leadership that will make keeping Michigan pure a priority."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Bette Pierman was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent John Proos was unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bette + Pierman + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 21
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- bettepierman.com, "Issues," accessed July 17, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014