|New Jersey General Assembly District 26|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
DeCroce studied government at Rutgers University and Business at Berkley College. Her professional experience includes working as Deputy Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, DeCroce served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
|• Transportation and Independent Authorities|
Double dipping is a term used to describe the practice of allowing government employees to “retire,” start collecting a pension and then return to work for the state while continuing to receive pension benefits. It is currently permitted in New Jersey. Banning or limiting double dipping is among the proposals in New Jersey to reduce the state pension obligation. Two companion bills, S601 and A860, were introduced in the 2012-2013 legislative session. As of March 2014 neither has reached the floor for a vote. In July 2013 New Jersey Watchdog published an article focusing on double dipping by New Jersey state legislators. The report identified 18 state lawmakers who receive retirement checks totaling $782,000 a year in addition to their legislative salaries. The roster includes leaders of each party in both the Senate and Assembly.DeCroce was included on the list of legislators currently receiving pension benefits and a legislative salary. According to the 2013 report, DeCroce receives a $55,872 pension per year. The employer at retirement was Community Affairs.
DeCroce won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 26. DeCroce was bracketed with Jay Webber. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She and incumbent Jay Webber (R) defeated Elliot Isibor (D) and Joseph Raich (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 26, Special Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for DeCroce is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, DeCroce raised a total of $119,460 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|BettyLou DeCroce's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Jersey General Assembly, District 26||$119,460|
|Grand Total Raised||$119,460|
2012DeCroce won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, DeCroce raised a total of $119,460.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to BettyLou DeCroce's campaign in 2012|
|New Jersey Republican State Cmte||$12,995|
|Election Fund of Alex Decroce||$8,200|
|Assembly Republican Victory||$6,000|
|Morris County Republican Club||$2,994|
|Langer, Jerrold I||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$119,460|
|Source:Follow the Money|
DeCroce has two sons and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "BettyLou + DeCroce + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJ Assembly Republicans - BettyLou DeCroce
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. BettyLou DeCroce
- Project Vote Smart - BettyLou DeCroce
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- NJ Assembly Republicans, "Led by DeCroce & Simon, women members of NJ Legislature surge," March 5, 2012
- Parsippany Patch, "DeCroce Sworn In to General Assembly," December 17, 2012
- "NJ Assembly Republicans - BettyLou DeCroce", Accessed May9, 2013
- New Jersey Watchdog, 18 double-dipping NJ lawmakers block pension reform, July 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- NJ.com, "Assemblywoman DeCroce: I'm not running off late husband's legacy," October 24, 2012
- NJ.com, "N.J. Assemblywomen secure seats in special election," November 7, 2012
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Special election results November 6, 2012," accessed December 19, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "DeCroce, Betty Lou" Accessed August 27, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |