|Colorado State Senate, District 21|
|2006 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Date of birth||09/16/1943|
|Place of birth||Manchester, CT|
Boyd previously served in the Colorado House of Representatives from 2001 to 2006.
Boyd attended Fairfield University in 1965 and earned her B.A. in Sociology from Upsala College in 1965. Her professional experience includes working as Director of the Lutheran Office of Governmental Ministry and Director of Campaigns and Development for Caring Connection.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Boyd served on these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate, Chair
- Legislative Council Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Boyd served on these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Boyd was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Boyd raised $143,583 for her campaign, while Menten raised $11,761.
|Colorado State Senate, District 21 (2008)|
|Betty Boyd (D)||33,304|
|Natalie Menten (R)||22,732|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Betty Boyd's campaign in 2010|
|Colorado Dental Association||$400|
|American Insurance Association||$200|
|Colorado Physical Therapy||$100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,000|
In 2008, Boyd collected $143,583 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Democratic Senate Campaign Committee of New York||$29,500|
|American Federation Of State County & Municipal Employees||$6,250|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,450|
|Colorado Association Of Public Employees||$4,400|
Boyd and her husband, Douglas, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Betty + Boyd + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado Senate Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Sen. Boyd's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Betty Boyd
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
|Colorado State Senate - District 21
| Succeeded by|
Jessie Ulibarri (D)