|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 13|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
Plosa-Bowser was appointed to the Air Force Academy at the age of 17. She served in the United States Air Force and Air Force Reserve for more than 30 years and attained the rank of Colonel. She served in a number of positions while in the Air Force, including munitions/logistics officer, faculty member at the Army and Air War Colleges and Launch Decision Authority at Cape Canaveral in Florida.
Plosa-Bowser's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "America was once the best place on earth to start or expand a small business and it can be again. Free enterprise, business, industry and entrepreneurs create jobs. Small business is the backbone of our economy. I will work to reduce taxes on small business and free them from unnecessary, unwieldy government regulation to invest, grow and create family-sustaining jobs."
- Excerpt: "Because I want to protect the quality of care we have in our country, I support a health care system that keeps you in charge of decisions about your family’s care and minimizes the government role between patients and their doctors. No government policy or office should dictate how patients receive health care."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "I believe that a strong America remains the guiding light that shines for freedom across the world. Working closely with our international allies and friends, we must succeed in Afghanistan and keep weapons out of the hands of terrorists and state sponsors of terrorism. I fully support our military forces as they protect our National interests as well as efforts in Congress to develop new technologies and training programs for our first responders to counter new and dangerous threats."
- Social Security
- Excerpt: "Social Security is a promise made to those who have paid in to the system. We as a nation must keep our promise. With our economy back on track we can begin to look for meaningful reforms to Social Security that protect the promises we have already made."
- Excerpt: "The basic building block of our nation is the family and as a working mother, I will support and protect families so parents can maintain their parental rights, have the freedom to provide for their needs, bear no more than a reasonable tax burden and support a culture of life."
Plosa-Bowser ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 13th District. Plosa-Bowser lost the Republican nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. She was defeated by Carson Dee Adcock.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Carson Dee Adcock||64.8%||6,116|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|Bev Plosa-Bowser (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$15,780.00||$(13,347.39)||$2,432.61|
Plosa-Bowser is married and has five children and one grandson.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bev + Plosa-Bowser + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 13th Congressional District
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed March 12, 2014
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Meet Bev," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 18, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Plosa-Bowser 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |