|Virginia House of Delegates District 29|
|1994 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Date of birth||05/29/1947|
|Place of birth||Ossining, NY|
Sherwood sits on the Board of Supervisors for the Planning Commission, and the Winchester/Frederick County Local Emergency Planning Committee.
In the 2012-2013 session, Sherwood served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Chair
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
In the 2010-2011 session, Sherwood served on the following committees:
- Militia, Police and Public Safety, Chair
- Public Safety Subcommittee, Chair
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- HB 1885 Telephone regulatory alternatives; determination of competitiveness.
- HB 2497 Electronic government; Secretary of Technology to develop and implement strategies therefore.
- HB 2557 Health insurance plan, State; coverages and benefits.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29 Republican Primary, 2013|
|Beverly Sherwood Incumbent||48.7%||1,492|
On November 8, 2011, Sherwood won re-election to District 29 of the Virginia House of Delegates. She was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
In 2009, Sherwood was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. She defeated Aaron Tweedie in the General Election.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 29 (2009)|
|Beverly Sherwood (R)||14,908|
|Aaron Tweedie (I)||3,677|
In 2011, Sherwood received $80,183 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beverly Sherwood's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$4,500|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$3,000|
|Virginia Association Of Realtors||$2,700|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$80,183|
The top five donors to Sherwood's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,277|
|Virginia Federation of Republican Women||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$2,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,000|
|Hunton & Williams||$1,838|
In 2013, Sherwood was endorsed by the National Rifle Association.
Sherwood and her husband, Frank, have one child. They live on a farm in Frederick County.
- Delegate Beverly Sherwood official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Beverly Sherwood on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Sherwood
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Primary Results," accessed June 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2009 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- National Rifle Association, "Political Victory Fund Endorsements," accessed May 31, 2013
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29
| Succeeded by|
Mark J. Berg (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |