Bexar County, Texas
- Main article: Evaluation of Texas county websites
Last rated on Jan. 10, 2012
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners is provided.
- County commissioner meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- Information on tax rates is provided.
- Audit reports are published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- The current budget is published.
- Public record information is posted.
- Permitting information is provided.
- Campaign contributions and Commissioners Court expenditure reports were scheduled to appear on the Web site in January 2009, to comply with a 2005 state law requiring such records to be made available online. Bexar is the last of the largest Texas counties to come into compliance with the law. As of July 2011, these disclosures could not be found on the website, but some were found using a Google search.
- There is no information on zoning or lobbying.
Board of Commissioners
|Nelson W. Jeff||County Judge|
|Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez||Precinct 1|
|Paul Elizondo||Precinct 2|
|Kevin Wolff||Precinct 3|
|Tommy Adkisson||Precinct 4|
In 2011, Bexar County reported $98,000 spent on lobbying.
Treasurer indicted for embezzling funds
Dwayne Eugene Adams, the former treasurer for the Bexar County Democratic Party, was indicted by a grand jury alleging he embezzled over $200,000. The Bexar County Commissioners Court sued the Democratic Party for $277,913 owed to the county, but chances are that the county will not recover the money. Instead the county hopes the Secretary of State will release the county obligation of $83,000 in primary funds.
Adkisson sued for public records
County Commissioner Tommy Adkisson refused to comply with the Texas attorney general's ruling that he release public information from his personal e-mail accounts in June of 2010. Instead he has filed an appeal over the ruling, saying that the San Antonio Express-News invaded his personal privacy when they submitted a public records request for his personal e-mail account.
However, the Attorney General has maintained in the pas that public information continues to remain public under the Texas Public Information Act, regardless of the e-mail account the information is discussed in.
Public employee salaries
- Main article: Bexar County employee salaries
- Bexar County website
- Bexar County Clerk
- Bexar County Appraisal District
- Public Records Directory - Bexar County
- Bexar County on E-Reference
- Budget Dept.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Infrastructure Services Department
- Bexar public records will soon be much more public, My San Antonio, November 28, 2008
- Disclosure Report
- Bexar County - Open Secrets
- Texas Watchdog, Taxpayers may have to foot election bill, Dem Party leader indicted on $202K theft charge, Sept. 30, 2010
- [http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/commissioner_to_sue_attorney_general_over_ruling_95654619.html My San Antonio, Commissioner to sue attorney general over ruling, June 4, 2010]