Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 61|
Batey's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "This is my highest priorty in Sacramento. Tens of thousands of local people who want to work are not able to find work, no matter how hard they look. The answer from Sacramento? Tax small business owners and expand long term welfare."
- Excerpt: "It’s time we take a serious look at why many of our schools are failing. I believe one solution is more accountability in the system. What do I mean? Holding parents accountable for their children’s behavior and performance, and giving parents more input into the classroom."
- Excerpt: "One of the most common complaints I receive as an elected official os how bad our roads and freeways are. It really shouldn’t come as a shock when you realize that the most minor project requires extensive and expensive studies that take years."
- Excerpt: "There is an old joke that politicians here in California tax anything that moves, and when it stops moving they tax it again. I don’t think taxpayers are laughing anymore. We are in the middle of a terrible recession, but the majority in Sacramento raises middle class taxes billions of dollars."
- Excerpt: "Want to make a Sacramento politician frown? Tell them to live within a budget like our families have to. Want to make them cry? Tell them to start finding and cutting waste instead of raising taxes. During the boom years the majority in Sacramento increased the waste."
Batey ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 61. He advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Joe Ludwig (R) and Fredy DeLeon (I). Batey was defeated by Jose Medina (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 61, General Election, 2012|
Batey received endorsements from:
- State senator Bill Emmerson
- Assemblymember Paul Cook
- Assemblymember Kevin Jeffries
- Assemblymember Jeff Miller
- Assemblymember Mike Morrell
- Assemblymember Brian Nestande
- Assemblymember Connie Conway
- Riverside District Attorney Association
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- Association of Riverside County Chiefs of Police & Sheriff
- California Hospital Association PAC (CHA)
- California Small Business Association
- Inland Valley Association of Realtors (IVAR)
- Lincoln Club of Riverside County
- California Professional Firefighters
- California Department of Forestry (Cal-Fire)
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- Riverside City Firefighters Association, Local 1067
- Corona Firefighters Association, Local 3757
- Murrieta/ Temecula Firefighters Association, Local 3540
- Pasadena Firefighters Association, Local 809
- San Francisco Firefighters Association, Local 798
- San Diego City Firefighters Association, Local 145
- Fallbrook Firefighters Association, Local 1622
- Ontario Professional Firefighters Association, Local 1430
- Kern County Firefighters Association, Local 1301
- Ventura County Firefighters Association, Local 1364
- Long Beach Firefighters Association, Local 372
- Rancho Cucamonga Firefighters, Local 2274
- Anaheim Firefighters Association, Local 2899
- San Bernardino County Firefighters, Local 935
- Oakland, Alameda County and Emeryville Firefighters, Local 55
- United Firefighters of Los Angeles City, Local 112
- Oceanside Firefighters Association, Local 3736
- Bakersfield Firefighters, Local 246
- Palm Springs Professional Firefighters, Local 3601
- Chula Vista Firefighters, Local 2180
- Carlsbad Firefighters Association, Local 3730
- Oceanside Firefighters Assoc., #3736
- Bakersfield Firefighters, #246
- Santa Monica Firefighters, #1109
- Alhambra Firefighters Assoc., #1578
- Chino Valley Professional Firefighters, #3522
- Crest Forest Professional Firefighters, #4105
- Hemet City Firefighters Assoc., #2342
- Los Angeles Co. Firefighters, #1014
- Milpitas Firefighters, #1699
- Newport Beach Firefighters Assoc., #3734
- Orange City Firefighters, #2384
- Oxnard Firefighters, #1684
- Redlands Professional Firefighters, #1354
- Santa Clara Co. Firefighters, #1165
- Palm Springs Professional Firefighters, #3601
- Chula Vista Firefighters, #2180
- Carlsbad Firefighters Assoc., #3730
- Santa Rosa Firefighters, #1401
- Arcadia firefighters Assoc., #3440
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Batey + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found