|Ohio State Senate District 5|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Master's||Cleveland State University|
|Birthday||December 6, 1964|
Beagle earned his B.S. in Finance from Miami University and his M.B.A. from Cleveland State University. Beagle is a small business owner. He previously served on the Tipp City Council.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Beagle served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Workforce and Economic Development|
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Insurance, Commerce and Labor|
|• Ways and Means and Economic Development|
Senate Bill 5
In a recent interview with The Columbus Dispatch, Beagle voiced concerns about the controversial collective bargaining bill, stating that he is concerned about eliminating continuing contracts and binding arbitration.
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2010
|Ohio State Senate, District 5|
|Bill Beagle (R)||49,339||50.85%|
|Fred Strahorn (D)||47,681||49.15%|
In 2010 Beagle raised $926,641.
Listed below are primary contributors.
|OHIO REPUBLICAN STATE SENATE CAMPAIGN CMTE||$449,938|
|REPUBLICAN SENATE CAMPAIGN COMMITEE||$325,958|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$133,202|
|OHIO SOCIETY OF CPAS||$3,000|
Beagle and his wife, Karen, have three children. They currently live in Tipp City, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Beagle + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bill Beagle Announces 800 Jobs for the Miami Valley - TippNews DAILY
- Senate Beagle Co-Sponsoring Adoption Bill - New Carlisle News
- Bill Would Effectively Ban Horse Slaughterhouses - Huffington Post
- Lawmakers look for ways to encourage college savings - Norwalk Reflector
- Dayton school board member to run for state Senate - Dayton Daily News
- New law grants access to adoption records - The Daily Advocate
- Kasich signs into law changes that open birth records for 400000 adoptees - Plain Dealer
- New law helps adopted Ohioans learn histories - Palladium-Item
- Birth parents and their adopted children finally gain consistent rights in ... - Plain Dealer
- Winter storm shuts down county operations - The Daily Advocate
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Fred Strahorn (D)
|Ohio State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|