Bill Beck (Tennessee)
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 51|
|November 4, 2014 - present|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Beck served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Civil Justice|
Beck's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Vision for the Future
- Excerpt: "Wants to work for strong and safe neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Wants to work for citizen-focused and transparent government."
- Excerpt: "Wants to work for smart economic development that expands tax base by attracting new business and developing housing opportunities."
- Excerpt: "Wants to work for creation of jobs programs that put people to work in skilled positions with higher wages."
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Bill Beck defeated Stephen Fotopulos and Jennifer Buck Wallace in the Democratic primary. Brian Mason defeated Joshua Rawlings in the Republican primary. Beck defeated Mason in the general election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 51, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Brian L. Mason||28.2%||3,601|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 51 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jennifer Buck Wallace||34.6%||1,601|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Beck + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee House of Representatives District 51
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Bill Beck on Facebook
- Bill Beck on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Tennessee General Assembly
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |
Tennessee Supreme Court | Court of Appeals | Court of Criminal Appeals | Chancery Courts | Circuit Courts | General Sessions Courts | Probate Courts | Criminal Courts | Juvenile Courts | Judicial selection in Tennessee |