For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Bolton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "A True Balanced Budget should not have any type of debt in it and if it does it should be collateralized against a sellable asset."
Educate Children of Illegals
- Excerpt: "As a country, we want our population to be well informed and capable to make decisions. So we must conclude that education is indeed the best way to address this situation."
- Excerpt: "Labor unions represent employees during negotiations with employers. Unions assist workers in getting better pay, benefits and increased safety on the job."
Respect Our Forefathers
- Excerpt: "In our time we face more complicated issues than ever before, but it is our duty as citizens to keep informed on the issues and to exercise the privilege of voting."
Drug Crimes Misdemeanors
- Excerpt: "We have a prison system that is overrun with minor drug offenders. These minor drug crimes typically do not constitute the sentences given. Citizens caught in these crimes are tarnished forever in social standing, losing the right to vote, or get living assistance such as food stamps or public housing."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014, with runoff elections taking place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. W.R. "Bill" Bolton was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Samuel K. "Sam" Teasley was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bolton was defeated by Teasley in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 37 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Sam Teasley Incumbent||62.5%||10,054|
Bolton ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 37. Bolton ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Sam Teasley (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sam Teasley Incumbent||59.5%||13,427|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Bolton + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 37
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- bolton37.org, "Official campaign website," accessed September 2, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed May 29, 2012
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |