|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 93|
Burckart has served on the Bentonville City Council since 2008.
Burckart's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs, Jobs and Good Jobs
- Excerpt: "Make Arkansas more competitive for large and small businesses to bring jobs to Arkansas from abroad and from other states. Streamline processes and checklist at the state and local level for economic incentives. Provide a favorable environment for good jobs to be created."
Job training and certifications
- Excerpt: "The programs offered need to be designed around what our businesses are looking for and after considerable input from all parties have a core set of certified programs recognized in each related field."
Young adult job training
- Excerpt: "While many adults are looking for Job training so our many of our young adults that are still in high school. Being able to provide the same job trailing in many of the determined programs for some of our high school students not only seems prudent but is our duty."
- Excerpt: "I am in favor of school choice, charter schools and other flexible means to give all our kids the tools to be successful. I prefer it be kids choice, as one said to me, than the federal choice. I think we should show kids more options at a younger age to find out what interest them and guide them with the tools and education for success."
- Excerpt: "Taxes are too high and we must work hard to ensure folks can keep more of their hard earned dollars rather than it going to the government. The monies that the government does require should be more responsibly handled."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Leah Marie Williams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jim Dotson defeated Bill Burckart in the Republican primary. Williams will face Dotson in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 93 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jim Dotson Incumbent||64.4%||1,333|
Burckart and his wife, Shannon, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Burckart + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 93
- billforbentonville.com, "About," accessed April 10, 2014
- [WEBSITEURL WEBSITE NAME "Issues," accessed April 10, 2014]
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|