|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 64|
|1988 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 3, 1987|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland|
|Date of birth||August 22, 1930|
Denny earned his B.S. from the University of Maryland. His professional experience includes working as a Business Executive with Denny Development, Inc.; and Senior Vice President of Southeastern Operations at Multi-National Banking, from which he is retired.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Denny served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Apportionment and Elections, Chair|
|• Congressional Redistricting|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Legislative Reapportionment|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Denny served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Denny won re-election to District 64 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Dorsey Carson in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 64 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||William Denny, Jr. Incumbent||56.4%||4,888|
On November 6, 2007, Denny was re-elected in District 64, running unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 64 (2007)|
|William Denny, Jr. (R)||6,651||100.00%|
In 2011, Denny received $45,582 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Denny's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Physicians Association||$5,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$3,000|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$45,582|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,888|
|Cost of each vote received||$9.33|
In 2007, Denny collected $20,540 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Mississippi||$500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Denny has been a member of the American Association of Petroleum Landmen, American Legislative Exchange Council, Mississippi Flood Association, Mississippi Track Club, and the National Republican Legislators Association. He is married with four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Bill + Denny + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Denny
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to William Denny, Jr
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |