|Iowa State Senate District 25|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Minority Leader, Iowa State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University, 1985|
|Birthday||November 28, 1962|
|Place of birth||Waterloo, IA|
Dix serving as Minority Leader.
Dix earned a his B.S. from Iowa State University in 1985. His professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dix served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Labor and Business Relations|
|• Rules and Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dix served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Government|
On his campaign website, Dix outlines these issues as his main concerns:
- Iowa taxpayers - Bill Dix believes taxpayers pay enough in taxes and we deserve to see how these dollars are collected and spent by government. An open and transparent government will help all of us to analyze and curb accounting games within the state budget.
- Iowa agriculture - Bill Dix is a lifelong farmer and understands agriculature is the constant driving force to the Iowa economy. We must support our agricultural communities and encourage private investments to expand the markets.
- Iowa business - Bill Dix will work to remove regulations which cripple our businesses. We must also look for the long term approach to bring more jobs to Iowa, not more quick-fix government programs.
- Iowa education - Bill Dix believes we must support effective educators, increase access to educational opportunities, and leave individual school decisions at the local level.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Bill Dix was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Dix ran unopposed.
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 (2010) General Election|
|Bill Dix (R)||13,189||57.9%|
|Bill Heckroth (D)||9,605||42.1%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 - Republican Primary (2010)|
In 2010, Dix raised $325,574 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowans For Tax Relief||$62,500|
|Iowa Republican Party||$11,750|
|Hagemann, Fred W||$11,500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
Dix and his wife, Gerri, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Dix + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa State Senate - Sen. Bill Dix
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Bill Dix on Facebook
- billdix.politicalconnect.net, "Issues," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 election results," accessed December 24, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Daryl Beall (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
Nancy Boettger (R)