|Illinois House of Representatives, District 52|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Elmhurst College, 1996|
|Profession||Manager of Global Networks and Telecommunications|
Downs earned a degree in Computer Science from Elmhurst College in 1996. His professional experience includes working as the Manager of Global Networks and Telecommunications.
In an interview with the Daily Herald, Downs detailed the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe for now we should extend the tax hike till the economy, local businesses and families are fully out of the past recession. The state needs to do some reviews of all costs, and I am sure like many businesses and families it can find things that the State can do without or a lower cost provider. As the State is still not out of the woods with all the finical issues that are occurring, but extending the date would make more since then making a tax hike permanent."
- Excerpt: "The State has promised pensions to the hard working people of Illinois, but we need to revamp the process. This would be a tiered system that would keep the equality to the employees, and allow change for the future. All organizations are changing pensions, but you still need to provide the the people that have been working hard for the State, so it needs to be equable to all."
- Excerpt: "I would like to see the games of chance and the monies spent in these areas stay in our state and not forced to neighboring states or other destinations. We can find a good fit to have these in our state along with helping to our residence and schools."
Tax breaks for companies
- Excerpt: "If the State is competing with other states for business to employee our residence, we need to be able to use tools to bring and keep business in our state. We can not give away everything, but by giving a break this will bring higher employment, spending and income tax this is a win win for all involved."
- Excerpt: "They need to balanced every 10 years with the census, but we need to make sure lines are drawn that make sense. Right now many of the districts gerrymander and are now best for the residence and support of the people. So finding the correct balance is key."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Bill Downs ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while David McSweeney ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Downs and McSweeney will face off in the general election.
Downs is a widower and has one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Downs + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |