William Farmer, Jr.
|William Farmer, Jr.|
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 88|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||March 18, 1962|
|Place of birth||El Paso, TX|
|Profession||Tax Accountant/Owner, HTI Tax Service|
Farmer is a tax accountant and owner of HTI Tax Service. He has previously worked as an engineer for the Ragtheon Company, and the Ed Bullard Company.
Farmer serves as Treasurer for Good Shepard Episcopal Church, President of the Kentucky Society of Enrolled Agents, and is a member of the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and National Association of Enrolled Agents.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Farmer has served on the following committees:
- Labor and Industry
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety
- Education Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Labor and Industry Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Farmer served on the following committees:
- Interim Joint Committee on Education
- Interim Joint Committee on Labor & Industry
- Interim Joint Committee on Veterans, Military Affairs & Public Protection
- Labor and Industry
- Military Affairs and Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Postsecondary Education
Farmer initially filed for re-election but withdrew his candidacy prior to the primary election.
Farmer won re-election to the 88th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. According to official results, Farmer received 11,982 votes. 
Farmer ran unopposed in the May 18 Republican primary election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 88 (2008)|
|William Farmer, Jr. (R)||18,168||100%|
In 2010, Farmer raised $18,446 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Kentucky Education Association||$2,000|
|Kentucky Optometric Association||$1,500|
In 2008 Farmer collected $19,592 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|McBrayer, Ann Bakhaus||$1,000|
|Kentucky Education Association||$1,000|
|Kentucky Automobile Dealers||$800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term William + Farmer + Kentucky + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- A Year After Newtown, Rift Over Guns Deepens - Huffington Post
- RI farmer gave the White House Thanksgiving turkeys for years - WPRI-TV 12 (blog)
- Lawmakers approve $115000 contract for lawyers in sexual harassment scandal - Lexington Herald Leader
- Everyday Heroes: From her wheelchair, Marie Braun tries to level playing field ... - KyForward.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kentucky Legislature - William Farmer, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Kentucky Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
Johnnie L. Turner
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 88
| Succeeded by|
Robert J. Benvenuti III. (R)
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |