Bill Farmer, Michigan
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 63|
Farmer ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 63. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Jase Bolger (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||James Bolger Incumbent||50.9%||22,196|
- See Also: Jase Bolger Controversy
Farmer's opponent, Speaker Bolger, was involved in a scheme to defraud voters and set up a sham election in District 76. Of the incident, Farmer said, "Speaker Bolger knowingly attempted to deceive the voters by making shady deals behind the scenes with Roy Schmidt. This was a blatantly political move to benefit the Republican Party.This isn’t how our democracy was meant to work." He further added, "We have lost too much under the leadership of Mr. Bolger. He has lead the passage of legislation which is robbing seniors' of their pensions, cut education funding, and cut benefits to public employees like teachers, firefighters, and police while simultaneously voting to extend their own benefits. And he is so determined to keep his agenda going that he’s willing to cut backroom deals to pull the wool over our eyes."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Farmer + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Farm bill: planted 3 years ago; harvested this month - Huroncountypress
- Obama touts, signs bipartisan farm bill in trip to Michigan - Los Angeles Times
- Live updates: 2014 NFL Scouting Combine - The Plain Dealer
- Senate Passes Long-Stalled Farm Bill, With Clear Winners and Losers - New York Times
- Obama signs 'Swiss Army knife' farm bill - High Plains Journal
- Candidates challenge Hite, Sears in primary - LimaOhio.com
- At the farm bill signing - AG Week
- Byrum: A farm bill that's right for Michigan - The Detroit News
- Farm law protects ranchers - The Detroit News
- A Mom and a Dairyman Plead: Don't Feed Children Raw Milk - Food Safety News
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bill Farmer on Facebook
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |