Bill Farmer (Michigan)
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 63|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Bill Farmer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Maturen defeated Vic Potter in the Republican primary. Maturen defeated Farmer in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 63 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 63 Republican Primary, 2014|
Farmer ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 63. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Jase Bolger (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||James Bolger Incumbent||50.9%||22,196|
2012 election scandal
- See Also: Jase Bolger controversy
Farmer's opponent in 2012, House Speaker Jase Bolger (R), was involved in a scandal after it was revealed that he arranged for Matt Mojzak to run as a Democrat against incumbent Roy Schmidt (R) in District 76 without mounting a campaign. Of the incident, Farmer said, "Speaker Bolger knowingly attempted to deceive the voters by making shady deals behind the scenes with Roy Schmidt. This was a blatantly political move to benefit the Republican Party.This isn’t how our democracy was meant to work." He further added, "We have lost too much under the leadership of Mr. Bolger. He has lead the passage of legislation which is robbing seniors' of their pensions, cut education funding, and cut benefits to public employees like teachers, firefighters, and police while simultaneously voting to extend their own benefits. And he is so determined to keep his agenda going that he’s willing to cut backroom deals to pull the wool over our eyes."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Farmer + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 63
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Live, "Democratic opponent calls on House Speaker Jase Bolger to apologize for role in election scandal," accessed July 20, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |