|Montana Public Service Commissioner - District 5|
|January 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Western Montana College (1983)|
|J.D.||University of Montana School of Law (2005)|
|Birthday||July 25, 1959|
|Place of birth||Eureka, California|
Gallagher was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in June of 2013. Gallagher said in an announcement that "My goal is to be cancer-free in six months so that I can concentrate on my re-election campaign in 2014 and continue serving Montana." Gallagher ultimately did not file to run for re-election.
Born in Eureka, California, Gallagher has been a private practice attorney since 2005. Prior to that he was a teacher from 1983-1987 and an insurance agent with Farmer's Bureau Insurance from 1984-2002.
Gallagher and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
- JD, University of Montana School of Law, 2005
- BS, Secondary Education/Social Science, Western Montana College, 1983
Public Service Commission (2011-Present)
Gallagher was elected to the Montana Public Service Commission in 2010.
Gallagher sought the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor of Montana. He and his running mate, Ken Miller, finished third in a field of seven candidate pairs in the June 5th primary election.
|Montana Public Service Commission District 5, 2010|
Comprehensive donor information for Gallagher is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Gallagher raised a total of $315,910 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Bill Gallagher's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Bill Gallagher's Campaign Contributions|
Montana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$84,743 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||William A. (Bill) Gallagher||$14,500|
|Lewis And Clark County Republican Central Committee||$900|
|Flathead County Republican Women's Club||$600|
|Lake County Republican Party Central Committee||$400|
|Cynthia L. Forbes||$320|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Gallagher + Montana"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana Public Service Commission
- Public Services Commissioner
- Montana gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
- Montana Public Service Commission - Bill Gallagher
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Montana Secretary of State, "Unofficial results: June 5, 2012
- KRTV, Montana PSC chairman Gallagher diagnosed with cancer, June 18, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Bill Gallagher biography," accessed December 24, 2011
- Montana Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," accessed April 2, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Bill Gallagher," accessed July 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Ken Miller," accessed July 18, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
|Montana Public Service Commissioner District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |