An effort to recall Bill Goebel from his position as mayor of Jetmore, Kansas, was defeated in a recall election held on March 23, 2010.
- Keep Goebel in office: 228
- Remove Goebel from office: 179
Recall organizers filed a petition with Hodgeman County Clerk Dena Jordan on December 11, 2009, seeking the recall election. On their petition, they listed three reasons as the reasons they wished voters to remove the mayor from his office:
- "On Dec. 6, 2007, Goebel asked city officials to install a lift station that would serve a new motel in which he enjoyed an undisclosed substantial interest."
- "On March 25, 2008, Goebel presided over a public hearing to discuss industrial revenue bonds for a motel in which he had an undisclosed substantial interest."
- "On July 5, 2007, July 28, 2008, and Dec. 4, 2008, Goebel participated in executive sessions — and entertained motions to enter into executive session — in violation of the Kansas Open Meetings Act."