|Iowa House of Representatives District 47|
|Iowa State Senate District 9|
|2007 – 2010|
Heckroth earned his B.S. in Financial Management from the University of Iowa.
Heckroth is owner/Financial Consultant for Financial Architects.
Heckroth served on the following committees while in the Senate:
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Education Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rebuild Iowa Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
On May 6, 2011, Heckroth announced his candidacy for newly created House District 63 in 2012. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by Sandy Salmon (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Scott Raecker (R) did not seek re-election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Heckroth ran unopposed.
On November 7, 2006, Heckroth was elected to the 9th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Tom Hoogestraat (R). Heckroth raised $354,101 for his campaign, while Hoogestraat raised $257,348.
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 (2006)|
|Bill Heckroth (D)||11,902|
|Tom Hoogestraat (R)||10,556|
In 2006 Heckroth collected $354,101 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$243,230|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$16,100|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$13,500|
|All Children Matter||$8,735|
Heckroth and his wife, Jan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Heckroth + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Heckroth's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Bill Heckroth
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa*Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Bill Heckroth on Facebook
- Des Moines Register, Heckroth seeks Iowa House seat, 6 May 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 24, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 election results," accessed December 24, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Senate candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- 2006 Contributions to Bill Heckroth
|Iowa Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |