|U.S. House, Missouri, District 6|
|Bachelor's||Northwest Missouri State University (1974)|
|Master's||Central Baptist Theological Seminary (1994)|
Hedge has focused his career on education and the ministry. He currently serves as a pastor at St. Francis Baptist Temple.
- Northwest Missouri State University, B.S. Education, 1974
- Northwest Missouri State University, M.S. Education, 1977
- Northwest Missouri State University, Educational Specialist, 1989
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity, 1994
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Doctorate of Education, 2005
- Minimum wage: "Raising the minimum wage is a must."
- Unions: "Unions are key player the middle class."
- Abortion: "Women having authority over their own bodies."
- Healthcare: "Assist with facilitating access to the [Affordable Care Act] law," and "Continuing to improve the ACA Law."
- Excerpts taken from candidates' websites may contain spelling and grammatical errors
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Hedge stated:
"I, W. A. (Bill) Hedge, am a candidate for the U.S. House, Missouri. 6th District. My candidacy will be for the people. The centerpiece of this campaign is the “truth.” Our Declaration of Independence clearly states: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Right, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” This clearly includes all women and children. W. A. (Bill) Hedge’s candidacy is driven to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do."
Hedge is running as a Democrat in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Missouri's 6th District. If another Democratic candidate declares his or her candidacy, a Democratic primary will be held on August 5, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Hedge ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Missouri's 6th District. He faced Ted Rights, Ronald William Harris and Kyle Yarber in the Democratic primary on August 7, 2012. Hedge was defeated by Yarber in the Democratic primary.
Democratic Primary Results
|Missouri's 6th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Ronald William Harris||23.8%||7,483|
Hedge has been married to his wife, Loes, for over 30 years.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Hedge + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- News Press Now, "Hedge running for 6th District seat," accessed December 8, 2013
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia on May 5, 2012
- News Press Now, "Pastor joins field in congressional race," April 17, 2012
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia on December 5, 2013
- Tea Party Cheer: "Bill Hedge (D-MO-6)," accessed December 8, 2013
- Elect Hedge to Congress: "Congressional campaign 2014," accessed December 8, 2013
- AP Results "Missouri U.S. House Results" Accessed August 7, 2012